Rules & General Information For Students:
Zero Tolerance Rule
PLEASE FILL OUT AND SIGN AT THE BOTTOM INDICATING THIS INFORMATION HAS BEEN READ AND IS AGREED TO BY BOTH PARENTS AND STUDENTS. THANKYOU.
1. NO BOYS IN GIRLS’ ROOMS OR DORM. NO GIRLS IN BOYS’ ROOMS OR DORM.
Any student found to be in violation of this rule will immediately have their parents phoned and will be asked to leave. Zero Tolerance
2. Dress Code: All students must be dressed respectfully. Children and Youth are to asked to please take pride in their appearance and are expected to dress appropriately. This means no spaghetti straps or tank tops, no short-shorts, all pants and/or shorts must be pulled up all the way to the waist, no belly-buttons are to be exposed, absolutely no skimpy tops, no pajamas and no bare feet are allowed anywhere on site. Zero Tolerance
3. Absolutely NO alcohol or drugs are permitted on site at the Gaelic College. Any student found to be in violation of this rule will immediately have their parents phoned and will be expelled from campus. Zero Tolerance
5. You are required to get to each of your classes on time. If you are consistently late, you will have your parents phoned and you will be asked to leave.
6. CAFETERIA RULES:
You can not take food or dishes to your room.
You can not throw food.
You can not put gum on trays.
Please act reasonably and respectfully while in the cafeteria.
Please scrape your trays after every meal.
The Dress Code is required to be abided by at all times.
No bare feet allowed in the cafeteria or hallways.
7. Please do not take bathmats from the showers to your rooms.
8. You are expected and required to attend the Morning Gathering at the scheduled time of 8:45AM each morning.
9. You are required to leave dorm room doors unlocked at all times.
10. Please get a good, night’s sleep so you will be alert and ready to learn in class.
11. NO NOISE OR MUSIC AFTER 10:00 PM. Please respect this rule, you are living with a number of other people this week.
12. No Student is permitted to leave the premises at any point in time during their stay here. No permission slips will be granted. All students are required to stay on campus at all times, unless you have gone somewhere with your parents. Zero Tolerance
13. Students are responsible for keeping their rooms TIDY. This includes making your bed, putting your clothes away and not leaving them on the floor, putting musical instruments away properly and ensuring that your lights are turned off when not in use.
14. Laundry: Coin operated washers & dryers can be found in the washroom of MacLeod House. They require $2.75 (2 loonies and 3 quarters) for operation.
15. Contact any member of the housekeeping staff if you wish to have your linens changed or your room vacuumed.
16. Door Keys when applicable should be left on the night table in your room.
17. The mail goes out daily and can be dropped off at the craft shop where postage is available.
18. Please refer to notices on the Flip Chart daily in front of the School Office for any information or changes.
19. The Craft Shop is open daily from 8:30 AM to 8 PM.
20. Computer Services: Wireless access is available to adults only. Please request access code upon arrival.
21. Absolutely NO SMOKING on campus. Any student found to be in violation of this rule will immediately have their parents phoned and will be expelled from campus. Zero Tolerance
22. Students are not permitted in their rooms during class time, unless they are sick and a staff member or house parent has been notified of this situation. Under this situation, a House Parent would be responsible to monitor the well-being of that particular student until such time as they are feeling better.
23. Students must present their wrist band to receive meals. No exceptions made to this rule.
24. All garbage must be removed from your room upon departure.
25. Damage to College Premises: If any damage should occur in residences or classrooms, Colaisde na Gàidhlig states that it is the responsibility of the student (s) to cover the cost of any necessary repairs. Please do NOT mail, staple, tape, or glue any posters or other materials to any wall of any building. Please treat our facilities with respect and we will all have a wonderful week.
26. Student notices will be posted on the wall outside of the School Office in MacKenzie Hall.
We are a Peanut Free Facility. However, although our kitchen operates in a 100% peanut free environment, there are no guarantees that students attending programming will not have peanut products or traces of nuts in snacks they may be carrying. We do ask all students, staff and visitors to please adhere to our Peanut Free Environment at Colaisde na Gàidhlig.
PLEASE ENSURE THAT THIS INFORMATION HAS BEEN READ AND IS AGREED TO BY BOTH PARENTS AND STUDENTS. THANKYOU.